Introducing the Twin-Tank Water Softener System
Water Softening Process
Hard water enters the water softener system. As it passes through the resin inside the tank, the hard water minerals are attracted to the resin and the water is softened to service the home.
When the resin becomes saturated with hard water minerals, the water softener system goes automatically into regeneration. This is the process that frees the resin of hard water minerals, making it ready to soften the water again.
Brine water is drawn into the tank and raises the hard water minerals off the resin and down the drain. Once the resin is free of hard water minerals, soft water rinses the remaining brine water out of the system leaving the system ready for service.
A twin-tank system assures that there is always soft water available. The water softener system automatically switches the flow to the fresh second tank while the first tank is regenerating. Thus, the system always delivers soft water without interruption.
Twin tanks provide continuous soft water.
With a twin-tank system featuring the new Fleck 9100 valve, families benefit from soft water 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That's' because the second tank of soft water acts as a backup, ready to immediately provide soft water once 100% of the first tank is used. While the second tank is in service, the first tank regenerates, giving you all the advantages of continuous soft water.
Noryl® material for added durability.
Manufactured from high-tech Noryl® material, the 9100 valve has been engineered and tested to withstand the equivalent of 27 years of uninterrupted daily use. Also available in lead-free brass.
15% savings in both water and salt.
Unlike preset systems, the twin-tank system regenerates with soft water only when necessary. Plus it uses 100% of the tank in service. The end result? Fifteen percent savings in both water and salt.
- Fiberglass Mineral Tank for rust and corrosion free service. National Sanitation Foundation approved.
- High Flow Distribution System for minimal pressure loss.
- Hi-Capacity Cation Resin has uniform and stable resin beads assuring long life and maximum soft water.
- Safety Brine Valve acts as a secondary shut-off in case of a power failure. In-Line Filter Screen prevents any insoluble materials from getting into the control valve.
- High Density Polyethylene Brine Tank has exceptional environmental stress crack properties, eliminating cracking and minimizes bulging.
- One Piece Polypropylene Salt Grid allows insoluble materials to settle out.